Here’s some info and some steps to take in order to take part in a taster session and then join the club, or simply visit the club if you’re an experienced fencer. In all cases, though, do email us first to ask which class is right for you and if we have space for you.
1. Email us on email@example.com to ask which class is right for you & if we have space on the date you have in mind.
2. If we can accommodate you, please then fill in our Fencer Info form
4. Pay £10 per fencer into the RTWFC account (sort code: 30-90-90 account number: 37277468), referencing the name of the person participating in the taster.
5. Make sure you wear trainers and tracksuit bottoms or other sporty leg coverings to the club, and bring a drink.
Signing up for a term
1. British Fencing insures everyone for their first ‘taster’ session. After this, those continuing will need an Introduction membership – which is free for 90 days. The membership types are set out here, along with links to the Sport 80 membership platform: https://www.britishfencing.com/members/membership-info/membership-types/
When filling in the online form, please note that the region is South East and RTWFC is under ‘The…’ in the drop-down menu.
2. Once you’ve created your Sport 80 account and have the membership details to hand, please fill in and submit our BF membership form
3.Please pay for the remainder of the term (X weeks x £10* = Y) by transferring the correct amount into the RTWFC bank account.
* All classes are £10 each apart from the Sunday 1030am-12 club class, which costs £12 per class and is for intermediate and experienced fencers only.
Visiting us (experienced fencers)
1. Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org stating your age and level of experience.
2. If we are able to accommodate you (it’s highly likely!), please fill in our Fencer Info form
4. As you’ll need insurance to come and fence, please also check that your BF membership is up to date then fill in our BF membership form
5. Please pay £10 per fencer per session into the RTWFC account (sort code: 30-90-90 account number: 37277468), referencing the name of the person participating in the session.
How to find the club
For directions to our venue, and access procedures (which MUST be read, understood and agreed to here before coming to the club), please see the Directions & Access page.